Monday 26 May 2008

Chapter Sixteen - Confrontation

Charity and Deano were just getting started, their arms and legs entwined in a crazy, passionate lip lock, when all of a sudden, Deano leapt up from the settee.

"Hey," gasped Charity, "who set your ass on fire?"

"I heard something," he replied, his head swivelling towards the trailer door.

Charity reached forward to pull him back onto her, but he stepped back. She scowled, angry and frustrated at his sudden diminished ardour.

Just minutes ago, they couldn't keep their hands off each other. Things were getting hot and steamy. And now, here he was, looking like a little boy, caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"It's probably the breeze rustling in the trees," she cooed, "come to mama, she'll chase away those scary things for you."

Deano backed away, suddenly mortified by her insensitivity.

"It.... it could be Brooke," he stammered, fighting off her advances.

That was it.



Charity was livid, a scowl twisting her face into an ugly mask.

"So that's how you're going to play it, huh?" Charity was livid. "I'm just a piece of ass to you? Is that it?"

"Heck no!"

"Yeah, well, you can't keep doing this to me. Blowing hot and cold when it suits you. I don't like to be treated like that. And I'm sure that Brooke won't either."

"How do you know Brooke?"

"Heck, she's my friend, we share a lot of stuff together."

Deano was shocked at this revelation. That was all he needed.

"Yep, and it looks as though we're sharing a boyfriend too!"

She chortled at the thought, but it didn't settle too well with Deano at all. This was the last thing on his mind.


"Look!" Deano was now getting defensive and tired of Charity's sudden outburst. "I can't handle this!"

"Well, if that's the case," came the tart reply, "I'm leaving.... I know when I'm not wanted."

She turned to leave and Deano grabbed her arm. She twisted it away.

"Come on Chaz," he pleaded, "I think you're fun to be with.... honestly."

She faked a yawn.



"Oh PLEASE, you're starting to sound like a broken record Deano. I might be fun, but you're not. Not any more."

At that precise moment, the trailer door swung open and Brooke walked in......

No comments: